Field Manager / Technician
Americas and Australia
Americas and Australia
SkyTEM is seeking an eager and able-to-travel field worker based in the USA, Canada or Australia to operate proprietary airborne geophysical survey equipment used to map subsurface features from a helicopter platform in a variety of working conditions.
Typical survey work is in-field and project based. SkyTEM is a global company and travel abroad is required as our projects are located all over the world. SkyTEM has worked on all seven continents, so the work conditions in the field vary.
Crew rotations are typically 4-5 weeks in-field, 3 weeks off time, and fluctuate dependent on project dates and operating conditions. The workload over a full year corresponds to a standard full-time employment.
There is no specific educational background requirement, however we are seeking candidates with excellent mechanical and electrical competency and technical computer prowess. The employee will undergo internal and in-field training to acquire the specific technical skills for the position, which include the ability to:
- Undertake logistical reconnaissance – select appropriate base of operations and helicopter landing zones in the field
- Plan and communicate instructions and directions to the helicopter pilot regarding survey parameters
- Assemble SkyTEM proprietary equipment and sensors, operate instruments competently as per training and standard operating procedures
- Perform various quality control and troubleshooting tests, accurately record results prior to data collection
- Master the operation of the SkyTEM system and troubleshoot faults according to instruction, experience or in direct contact with a remote technician
- Perform field data quality control of collected airborne data using proprietary software
- Understand, adhere to and implement SkyTEM’s Health, Safety and Environment system
- Have strong IT capabilities at a level above an ordinary PC user
- As a minimum the employee must master English in writing and speaking at an average level – other languages such as French, Spanish or Portuguese will be an advantage
- Be well-organized and service-oriented
- Have interpersonal skills and a constructive and proactive approach to troubleshooting
- Be able to work under challenging weather and living conditions sometimes in isolated areas
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have valid Covid-19 proof of vaccination
- Have a valid passport, and be willing and able to travel
- Conduct yourself in a manner which enhances the reputation of SkyTEM and yourself
- Conduct and manage surveys in the field according to procedures and schedule
- Update job specific HSE plans, risk assessments and other security-related procedures
- Daily reporting to Project Manager regarding progress and data quality
- Coordinate and cooperate with external partners, including helicopter pilot, local authorities, landowners and client representatives
- Participate in debriefing, safety and other meetings at the headquarters
Please apply to email@example.com if interested. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.