Transient Electromagnetic (TEM) Systems
SkyTEM systems can be optimized for targeting needs
SkyTEM continues to deliver innovative airborne electromagnetic TEM systems that match scalable system configurations to achieve project-specific goals, from detailed near-surface exploration to deep target imaging, even combined with GRS and B-field.
The latest developments include newly developed High Power (HP) systems mounted on a revolutionary rigid and lightweight carbon frame. The new generation of systems are specifically designed to:
- Explore deeper and at higher elevations
- Improved characterization of geology and conductors through the use of integrated B-field and exploration proven 12.5 Hz repetition frequency
- Reduce exploration costs due to fast flying (up to 150 km/h) and increase production with lightweight frames
- Review data within 48 hours – allowing clients to customize systems within a few hours.
SkyTEM304 – The trend-setting SkyTEM pioneer
SkyTEM304 has been employed worldwide since 2004 for a wide range of applications including mineral, oil and gas exploration, geotechnical engineering solutions and most of the globally acclaimed SkyTEM water mapping projects. Like all SkyTEM technology the current in the coil turns off within a few microseconds. Bias free measurements begin at 7 µs. Combined with late time recordings out to 10 ms SkyTEM304 is the only system proven to deliver accurate data from the top few metres to depths of up to 350 m.
SkyTEM306 HP – Detailed near surface exploration
The SkyTEM306 HP (High Power) with six transmitter loop turns collects both near surface and deep data. The SkyTEM306 HP can be configured with SkyTEM’s breakthrough dual-moment innovation for faster turn-on and turn-off, recorded by fully digital 3 channel receivers. Furthermore, SkyTEM306 HP can be configured in FAST mode, featuring an aerodynamically superior system reducing acquisition costs by flying at speeds of up to 150 km/h, providing an economically viable alternative to fixed wing, particularly when cost-effectiveness and data quality are crucial parameters. Read further about SkyTEM306 HP here.
SkyTEM312 HP – Deep exploration
Optimized for exploration at increased depth, the single-moment SkyTEM312 HP with 12 transmitter turns combines a small frame and high power to achieve depths of penetration obtained previously by much larger and heavier systems. Like SkyTEM306 HP, SkyTEM312 HP can be configured in FAST mode, as well as High Power (HP) with a peak moment up to 1,000,000 NIA. This high power system is optimized to provide an exceptional depth of investigation due to the high moment (HM) mode with high current and low base frequency of 12.5 Hz. Read further about SkyTEM312 HP here.
Valuable attributes across the range of SkyTEM TEM systems:
- Fast turn-off time and early time data.
- Advanced deliverables within 48 hours of acquiring the data for early review so that decisions on flying in-fill or other lines can be made while the crew and system are still on site.
- Depth of penetration can be customized to suit the geology and the systems can be configured remotely in-flight
- The extremely high signal to noise ratio and close-to-ideal square-wave-form contribute significantly to increasing confidence in the delivery of high resolution data.
- Negligible signal drift.
- One-time calibration procedure eliminates the need to conduct high altitude calibration/verification flights at regular intervals during each sortie, thereby minimizing or eliminating data levelling and post flight corrections.
- All sensors, including the magnetometer and spectrometer are mounted on the rigid carrier frame ensuring all measurements are recorded close to the ground for increased accuracy and the collection of the highest lateral and horizontal resolution obtainable.
- No operator is required in the helicopter. This reduces overall weight, decreases fuel consumption and serves to reduce risk as the pilot is the only one aboard the aircraft during survey flying.
- The system is very robust and can fly in challenging weather conditions.